Apr 16, 2018
- Last week we said, wisdom we said is seeing life and decisions
from God’s perspective.
- The fool see only what is right in front of him and is led by
his or her emotions. The person with wisdom zooms out and sees how
his or her decisions will effect many people over a much longer
period of time.
Well if there were ever an area we could all use more wisdom,
God’s perspective it’s in the area of
- ACCORDING TO The Urban Institute Study - An
estimated 1 in 3 adults with a credit history -- or 77 million
people -- are so far behind on some of their debt payments that
their account has been put "in collections.”
- Financial Arguments are the #1 cause of Divorce in
It’s a big deal to God. AND it’s a unique thing. See, at times
the Bible seems incredibly POSITIVE about
money and at time incredibly NEGATIVE
- IT’S GOOD - There are times when it seems to
say Money is very, very good.
Proverbs 10:22 The blessing
of the LORD, it makes one rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.
- IT’S BAD - Jesus said it’s easier for a camel
to get through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into
heaven. Wait a minute... I thought the Blessing of the Lord makes
one rich...but then when we get rich we go to Hell?
ILLUSTRATION: The most popular books in the
christian book stores tend to err one way or the other.
- The Poverty Gospel - If you love Jesus, you
will sell everything, ride a bicycle to work and adopt 10
- The Prosperity Gospel - Jesus would drive a
Bentley. So you wanna drive a Cadillac you gotta have Cadillac
faith.... yes.... a-men-a!